BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 3=April Fools!

So another year has come, and everyone has played an April Fool's joke sometime in their life, even Mother Nature has the past 2 years with snow in the spring. I am an oddball because I unfortunately have never played a prank on anyone ever. I witnessed one once, but I was always so worried about how the pranked person would feel about me afterward.
I decided that it was time to join the club so this was my new thing for the day. My friend Mason's birthday is today, and since I am a cake kind of person I thought what a perfect way to prank someone. That and I looked at the cakewrecks blog this morning and saw they had some funny pranks, and voila, lightbulb. I planned on making a cake for Mason today anyways and I figured that it could be my penance for the prank. Mason has said he has wanted to eat healthier so with that in mind I got cucumbers, alfalfa sprouts, bread, and a little cream cheese and started on my task for the day.

Layer upon layer of the stuff, and then frosted over with the cream cheese. I seriously spent a good half hour trying to make the not square bread shape look like a square.

Then I dyed the cream cheese an extremely light blue, and piped on a happy birthday, and with a good laugh and picture opportunity I was done. This is the picture of the cake as it's heading out the door.



So Mason opens the door and I walk in, and set the thing on the counter, and convince him to slice himself a piece. He cuts off a corner and picks it up, looks at it for a second, and then asked me what the heck it was. I told him it was healthy cake, and that he should try it. Then I bust up laughing telling him that it was fake, and it's really a sandwich. I think he either laughed at it because it was a good joke, or because I was finding it entirely too funny.

We then decided that we'd leave it on the counter and see if anyone else tried to eat it. It looks yummy on the inside right? (which apparently someone did)



So after the whole fake cake prank I started making the real one which had my mouth watering. Vanilla cake, chocolate cream cheese frosting and filling, chocolate shavings, and cherries on top. One word. Yum!



I completed my first April Fool's joke which I think might have been funnier in the moment, made 2 works of art, and laughed a lot. I'd have to say that today was a great day.

What should we all take away? Laughter is an important part of everyday life. Find any reason to do it.

Oh and I got chased by a dog tonight on my way home from delivering the second cake. Just a little something to start off the laughter.

2 comments:

tenacious d said...

That was a good prank! The chocolate cake with cherries looks devine.

Giovanna said...

why thank you! Good to know I did good. :) Haha