BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 21=I Look SO Old...

...or just my furniture.

The furniture in my room very well may be older than my parents marriage. They bought it used for my sister, and when she went off to college I was bestowed with it. (I actually like the rustic look of it.)

My senior year of high school my musical director was giving away stuff that he didn't need anymore, and for some reason I was drawn to this ugly gold stool. It sat in the corner of my room for 3 years sticking out like a sore thumb, and finally I decided to change that. Antique time! Which is really fun because you can get all dirty from the paint and rags.

So I went and got some crackle paint type stuff from the craft store down the road and started on it. First I had to spray paint it a cream-ish color.



By this point it looked like one of those stools they use in glamor studios. I was so tempted to sit on it and pose like Kip and the Uncle in Napoleon Dynamite in that one scene with Deb, but I refrained.

Then I painted it with this crackle paint and it ended up looking stupid...not gonna lie. The crackle didn't crackle like I'd hoped, and I thought it was going to crackle the cream base paint, but it just crackled on itself, and since the stuff was clear it looked like someone took a sponge to it and messed up a bad paint job (Sorry if that didn't make any sense. My crackle art is a touchy subject that makes me form run on sentences apparently).

Then I got some acrylic paints and made a brownish, grayish, watery paste and spread it all over with a rag. It actually turned out decent for my first time, and my hands got all brown and gunky from it to. Yay for gunk!



Now my 3 year old stool will fit in with my much older furniture!

0 comments: