BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 20=The big 2-0

It's days like today that I have to sit and wonder if I really accomplished anything.

I mean I haven't worked out for four weeks, and I finally got off my tush and went running. Running 2 miles after not doing anything physical probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, but I got past the gag reflex, and I'm proud to say I did it. Even though this is an accomplishment I wouldn't exactly classify it as one of my "do something" moments. It has to be something new after all.

I figured since I've hit the 20th day it would be important to commemorate it with something stupendous and astounding but unfortunately I slacked off today (My use of big words makes you think I'm smart, huh?). So since I clearly stated it could be something new, either mediocre or awesome, I think I'll be safe with this one.

I got a mango a couple of days ago, and yes I've tried them, that isn't the new part. Geez, I may be a deprived person but give me some credit here. Usually I peel the skin off and then cut it off the pit ever so beautifully, and then eat it like a lady.

The mango was finally ripe so I decided I'd partake in it's juicy goodness so I got a knife and started to peel the skin. Unfortunately it wouldn't cut. The skin just kept ripping and it became confetti in the garbage can. So after about 10 minutes of pointless peeling I decided to ditch that and dig in like an ape.

Yes, I am secure in my humanity enough to compare myself to a primate.

Now if you walked in on me eating it you either thought one of two things.

1. I am a Neanderthal.
or
2. I am practicing for a role on Lost as one of the survivors of flight 815.

I will take the latter. I think I'd be awesome on that island. I have all the personality traits that would make for an awesome character. (And yes, I am being facetious.)

0 comments: