BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day 5=A baking nightmare

Souffle's are always scary for me. I see them in movies, and they always collapse if you don't stand on your head and recite the Gettysburg address, or some crazy thing like not following the directions to a T, and even then it still seems like there are tons of horror stories out there about someone trying to make some for guests, and it turning out disastrous.

This is the reason why I never tried to make one before. So I came across a recipe for chocolate banana souffle the other day and it was on this healthy recipe website, and I figured I might as well try it.

The recipe was really simple, and fun to do because I got to take out my aggression for a mean coworker on the bananas that I had to mash up...just kidding, I'm not an aggressive person. I'm pretty sure that this is just a knock off souffle recipe though because the "collapsing" that happened was it shrinking after awhile.

The stuff tasted REALLY yummy, and since I like the idea of something tasting good rather than looking good then it got two thumbs up in my book.

This is my souffle with a little fat free cool whip on top. SO good.



And this is my dads which shrunk because he wasn't home when they came out.



If anyone wants to try the recipe, here it is. Like I said, pretty good.

Chocolate Banana Souffle

* 2 ripe bananas, mashed
* 2 tsp cornstarch
* 1/4 cup cocoa powder
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 2 egg whites
* 3 tbsp sugar
* butter flavored cooking spray

Preheat over to 400F. Coat 4, 6 oz ramekins with butter flavored cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet.

In a medium bowl, mash bananas and vanilla together. Sift cornstarch and cocoa powder over bananas and stir well.

In another medium bowl, beat egg whites with sugar until they form soft peaks. Fold 1/3 of egg whites into banana mixture. When incorporated, fold in the rest of the egg whites. Spoon mixture into ramekins.

Wipe the top 1/4 inch “collar” of the ramekin to remove any excess batter so that the souffle will rise straight and place ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.

0 comments: