BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 15=Now I know how Louis and Clark felt....

So we live on a hill that outlooks this huge piece of farmland and has a creek running through it. My family has always wondered what it looks like down there so after eight years my mom and I set off at one end of the creek. There are so many firsts that I decided I'd simply create a checklist. And yes, my friends it is laundry day. Therefore all I had was random pieces of clothing. I say capri pants, spandex tights, red button up, and a purple hoodie are incredible looking.
Alright.
1. Torn apart deer carcass.



Check

2. Wading through a valley of thistley thingy's. Believe me this wasn't even the worst of it.

looking.


Check

3. Jumping a fence.



Check. And another check because jumping a barbed wire fence counts as two.

4. Finally seeing the back of our house from afar. That's muh dad.



Check

5. Seeing a...group of deer up close. (Whoever tells me what a group of deers is gets a plate of cookies.)



Check

6. Shimmying up a tree over a creek to get to the other side.



Two checks cuz I'm an awesome shimmy-er.

7. Finding a really old, decaying wheel in the middle of a dead forest.



Check.

So by this time it started raining, and the brush was getting thicker and thicker. My hair had gotten so many thistles in it, my boots were cake in mud, and more thistles, my pants were scummy, and my shirt smelled like horse...don't ask me why because I don't know.

My mom and I had to keep moving forward though because we didn't want to go back the way we came, so we kept going and found that we had walked onto someones yard(Trespassing on private property=number 8, check). Their dogs started barking at us, and the owner came out to find my mom and I trying to hide so we wouldn't get in trouble. She asked us what we were doing and we had to explain that we'd gotten stuck in the brush, and we didn't know how to get to civilization (Getting completely lost is number 9, so check).

She laughed and offered us a ride home so we got in her car and she drove us to our house. My mom took a picture of me after. It's kind of funny. Apparently getting your hair caught in a bunch of trees can lead to some awesome hairdo's.



Moral of the story? Don't be stupid.

Aw well. Rounding off the checklist is number 10.

10. Finally finding out what's in my backyard.

Check.

4 comments:

tenacious d said...

You guys are too funny!

Erika said...

Super Duper Awesome adventurerrrrr. I want a plate of cookies, so the answer to your question is a mob. So you probably should have watched out when you were round that there mob of deers! ha.

Giovanna said...

Alright Erika, what kind would you like? I can make anything your heart desires baking wise.

Second batch of cookies to the next person to tell me the other acceptable answer for what a "mob" of deers is called.

Giovanna said...

Oh and thank you Diane! I'm glad you enjoy my posts.