BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 23=There's An Art to Ice Cream?

Today I did something that wasn't really by choice, but it was a new experience for sure.

So they are having to cut hours at my work, and since I work only a few at Robin Hood they pretty much cut me out entirely, so I moved over to Taco Bell about a month ago.

Something exciting came to my attention and I decided it was time for me to learn how to run Baskin Robbins. Believe me when I say that the reasoning for the switch is totally dorky, and not needing to be told because I'd be extremely embarrassed.

Anyways, today was my first day over at Baskin Robbins, and surprisingly there is actually an art to how you scoop ice-cream...not kidding.

In fact I got schooled on how I need to scoop it, and then I was ordered to practice scooping for the rest of my time working there. Personally I'm only thinking of one thing when I'm eating ice cream and that is "Dang I wish I had more." No where in my thought process am I thinking, "Wow, the worker really made this scoop circular. It's like a perfect sphere. I shall continue getting my ice cream from said worker just for the fact that they took an extra few seconds to make it pretty."

I mean don't get me wrong, standing around continually scooping ice cream, AND getting paid for it is pretty cool, and I can now scoop ice cream perfectly. Ya, everyone be jealous of my skill.

2 comments:

Jacci & Colten Lindsey said...

Haha Ginny, I love this post! I love reading the thoughts inside your head and I am sure you will have a blast looking back on these as well.

When I worked at Coldstone there was also a particular way that you were to scoop. However, it didn't have to do with how round the scoop was but it did have to be a certain weight! BAh!

Giovanna said...

Aw thank you! It's nice to know that others are going through my awesome journey with me. :)

They make me weigh my scoops to, it's totally insane. I figure just give them enough to fill up the cup they give us and call it good, but the new supervisor wants everything to be EXACT down to the last ounce.