BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 16=My future children will be like Pioneers

I loved drawing with chalk when I was little. My neighbors and I would get together and trace ourselves, or draw flowers, or the occasional tree when we felt really artsy.

I haven't done it in years, and so I decided I wanted to draw a masterpiece since I haven't ever done that before. Unfortunately I'm weird, and buying chalk is so last decade for me so I decided I would make my own. I actually didn't think it was something you could whip up on your own.

So I Googled. I love Google. It turns out that it's a lot easier to find a recipe for chalk then for good cake (just thought I'd state my dislike for people that think they are amazing chefs and post their not so amazing cake recipes for unsuspecting people to stumble upon). Apparently you can make it with plaster, water, and tempera paint. I broke out the plastic bowls, and spoons, and the toilet paper rolls, and went to the driveway.



Can you tell I'm kinda tired? Maybe a little cold? Nah, I wasn't either...honest.

I was gonna draw with my newly made chalk, but apparently it has to dry at least 24 hours. Sad day. Oh well. I decided though that my future children will have to work for their chalk priveleges. No going to the store and buying chalk for them. Psh. They're making it, and they're gonna like it.

Expect a chalky masterpiece story and picture on tomorrows post.

Oh and my night in the fort was actually the best sleep I've gotten in a while. I suggest you guys try it sometime and put about a foot of pillows on the floor of it. It's heaven.

4 comments:

Ginger said...

But who has plaster just sitting around their house?

Giovanna said...

We didn't. We had to go buy some. Haha

Jacci & Colten Lindsey said...

That is AWESOME Ginny! My mom would make play dough when I was a kid growing up and I LOVED it! That will probably be something your kids enjoy as well!

Giovanna said...

My mom would do that to. We had the best peanut butter playdough recipe and you could eat the stuff when you were done. Tasted so good. Haha