BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 29=I stink at confectionary stuff...

Seriously.

I am getting the opportunity to test around with some things for a gift for some friends that are graduating, and it's insane because I come up with these ideas that sound WAY good in my head, and then when I try them they either blow up in my face, or stick to the pan, and smell like burnt sugar.

I wanted to make a caramel cream cheese filling which I've done in the past with that caramel syrup stuff, but I had caramel candy sitting around the house from the party the other night, and no one in my family including me likes caramels unless they're home made.

So my brilliancy really shown through tonight, and I thought why not melt the stuff and put it into the cream cheese frosting that I made?

I spent a nice 20 minutes unwrapping the stupid things and put them in the broiler and started heating it up.

First mistake. I didn't put anything in it except the caramels and apparently they get sticky when they begin to melt, so I hurried and put butter in trying to see if I could make it a nice creamy smooth texture and instead it coated a caramel blob with a bunch of fat.

Finally it started to get liquid-y so I got a spatula and began to pour it into the cream cheese frosting. I turn on the beater and for some reason it is having a hard time beating it so I stop it and grab a spoon. I go to scoop some and, no joke, the caramel solidified the second it touched the cool frosting. So I had a frosting coated caramel blob.

And you know what? It tasted pretty good, although I don't think I can ever really use it for a frosting...but it is always fun to mess around with things and see what I can create.

K seriously. I am thinking about this, and I swear half of my posts are about my mess ups or successes with baking and cakes.

Enough is enough people! Healthy living is not eating junk food 24/7. I dare myself to go 2 weeks without counting food anything as my new thing for the day.

If I don't do it I will...do something totally embarrassing, and let you all laugh at me. Not like that's anything new. Am I right?

0 comments: