BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 11=The Ancient Art of Origami

So I've tried origami before but it was when I was 7 and the extent of it was one of those fortune tellers that you make when you're on the playground with your friends and trying to figure out who your husband was going to be. Looking back, I think kids are weird because obviously those aren't accurate, and fooling yourself into thinking that they are is slightly embarrassing.

Whenever I tried anything else I'd get to the point where you open the book and find a cool one to make and then I'd give up after seeing my mom figure out how to do it. I gave up pretty fast just like when I tried to learn how to knit. I think I knit one pearled two, and handed it over to my mom. It's a really cool stitch. Very beautiful if you can master it. Haha.

So we have this book full of really cool things like a unicorn (how do you make it? I still don't know) or easy stuff like a snake (ok it's not easy but the way I do it is crumple it into a long stiff stick like thing).

I decided to start off with a dove, which I unfortunately didn't get a picture of. I didn't have my camera at that point. It was really cool, but it looked kind of like it was born squished or something.

After that I made a squirrel. I always loved squirrels after I watched the cartoon "Sword in the Stone." Do any of you remember that? The big red girl squirrel that wouldn't leave Merlin alone was my FAVORITE. Hahahaha oh gosh now I can just imagine that scene in the movie. K back to the blog.



Then after that I decided I needed to make a flower. I guess it was the girly girl in me talking. This flower gave me such a hard time, but it's really pretty if you ask me.



It was fun. I think I might do some more. Maybe I'll take a shot at that unicorn. I'll get back to you on how that one turns out.

0 comments: