BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 2= chocolate!

So today has been a gloomy day. I woke up this morning and looked out my window to see fog, fog, and more fog. I get out of school and find out that the fog turned to snow, and realized it was gonna be a day where I would have to stay inside. What goes great with bundling up inside on a cold day watching a movie? Hot chocolate! I didn't want hot chocolate though because let's face it, it's easy to make up. So I decided that I wanted some chocolate candy, but I didn't want to drive all the way to the store, and I wanted to "do something" new for the day so I decided I would try and make a fudgy chocolate-y snack all from scratch (and from my noggin). I would have followed a recipe but I didn't want a whole pans worth. I got out all the supplies I thought I'd need and put them in a pot to start heating up.

The smells of cocoa filled the kitchen, and my mouth was watering. I go to take a taste of it, and it not only burned my mouth because I was a little to eager to let it cool all the way, but I noticed it had a very odd after taste. It tasted burnt, and kinda like mud.

My mom then brought it to my attention that there is a reason we have a double boiler. Chocolate can apparently burn, just in case you wanna try this on your own. So take 2!

I stuck the chocolate, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla (good for that whole healthy lifestyle, huh? Oh well, tomorrow is a new day) into the double boiler and started on melting the sucker up. This time I let the stuff cool, and I go to take a taste and I'm gonna have to say two things.

First: Fudge is probably something I'll have to buy from the store from now on.
and Second: If you do try to make something from scratch, I suggest a recipe.


Edison was quoted as saying "I have not failed 1,000 times. I have
successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."

So the optimist in me has to say...

I haven't failed 2 times. I have successfully discovered 2 ways to NOT make fudge.

3 comments:

Erika said...

ginnie...you my friend are totally and completely awesome. i. love. you. :)

Misty said...

That is a great attitude to have! You are so completely darling. Somewhere I have an easy no fail fudge recipe. If I can find it I'll give it to you. It rocks!

Giovanna said...

Aw thanks guys! I love you more Erika! And definitely Misty. Fudge is heaven.