BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, March 25, 2011

Life as I know it.

I was talking to my mom the other night at as we discussed my future we decided it was time to look towards a life of service. Our interests turned toward the Peace Corps. She told me that even if I didn't pray anymore, it might be in my best interest to do so and ask God for the assistance to decide what direction I need to take for my future.

I did, and not only did I pray for guidance but I apologized for my past accusations toward him. If a trial came my way I would automatically look at it as a punishment for past transgressions. I then would get angry because I felt that I was being unjustly punished because I was only human and humans are bound to make mistakes. When a trial that seemed to hard for me to handle would come I would yell in frustration at God and demand he give me the strength to get through it. I would demand things that weren't in my right to demand. I didn't see trials as opportunities for growth and that was a giant flaw that needed to be fixed.

I felt an overwhelming sensation of peace once I was finished, and today during my downtime at work I began the application process for the Peace Corps. It's to soon to say if I'll be accepted but I hope that I am. Please send out your prayers for me as I look towards this new journey and opportunity in my life. The process will take a couple months to a year to complete. It will be full of ups and downs, and if I'm accepted I'll be gone for 27 months. I'm excited for what my future holds and I hope that I have the ability to help others the way that others have helped me.

0 comments: