BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Starting the year off right.

I have lived in this house for almost 10 years. For half my life I have looked at the same walls, furniture, carpets, and practically everything in my house day in and day out. To say it's gotten tiring, and somewhat bland would be an understatement. I've planned on remodeling my bedroom for quite some time but unfortunately need to save my money for my fabulous backpacking trip. So I was doing it in installments but the remodeling came to halt when I didn't have time to do it.

Today I don't have to work until 5 so in light of my need for change my mom and I filled a bucket full of hot soapy water, grabbed some scrapers, and began to strip the wallpaper off the kitchen walls. I was relieved when I found out that doing so helps get out your aggressions. I highly recommend it to those that want a bit of relief from their stressful lives.

The things I learned from this are that you must be patient, and my mom and I have a different taste in music. I found myself being embarrassed as my speakers blasted out the familiar songs on my ipod.

Oh well, I love spending time with my family so it was worth it!

My positive thing for the day is that although I may get down on myself sometimes I find a way to pick myself up as soon as possible and get back on the horse.

Love you guys!
Happy January 2nd!

1 comments:

tenacious d said...

Gin--You will be able to reach your goals this year. Good for you for taking the steps you needed to get back to a healthy life.

Love you tons and you are in my prayers,

Di