BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 35=I'd Be a Terrible Street Performer!

So people walk their dogs a lot in our neighborhoods. This is a problem when you are doing things that can be perceived as weird. For example drawing things with chalk on your driveway when you clearly are not a little kid...who does that? Oh wait-me.

Another thing could be a person randomly playing a guitar and singing on the street in front of a house. This is exactly what I did tonight. I have always wanted to go traveling across the US, making money by playing my guitar and singing. I love all of those things, but I've never played on the street before. Yes I realize playing on the curb in front of my house isn't really playing on the street but it's like training for a marathon. Little steps here people! Little steps.

As I was sitting on the curb playing the songs I'd learned I realized I know 1 really well, 2 kind of well, and 1 not so well. I wouldn't be able to perform because people would get sick of hearing the same 4 songs over and over. I also realized I am a wuss because when one of my neighbors walked by with their dog I kind of did one of those "I'm just warming up" faces and started doing finger exercises and stopped singing. Haha I would fail miserably at this whole performing for strangers thing, which is surprising since I can get on a stage with an audience and feel at home. Weird!

2 comments:

Kelsy said...

you are so cool. :)

Giovanna said...

Haha Kels I love you! :)